Navigation

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Quotable Quotes - Australian Open Day two

First round of the Australian Open 2014 completed. Let us take a look at what the players said. Quote of the day award goes to Marinko Matosevic. 

Here is an extract of some the interesting quotes from players.

Caroline Wozniacki
“Yeah, just had an ice bath now.  Yeah, I could go out and play another two sets now (smiling).”

Victoria Azarenka
"It felt pretty hot, like you're dancing in a frying pan or something like that." - on the heat during the day 

Jo Wilfried Tsonga
"So when I come back, you know, it's always a party (smiling).  It's great." - on what he loves when he is home 
Roger Federer

Roger Federer 
“I realize after a set I didn't look up once yet.  I better check if he's actually sitting there.  I did see them.  He was wearing sunglasses.  Okay, he is there.” - when asked he did not look up to his coach Stefan Edgberg

Marinko Matosevic
"That was bullshit." – when asked about time violation in the third set.

"I wanted my coach to vocally support me, but he wouldn't"

"I don't give a shit, man.  What do you want me to say to that?" – when asked that you have yet to win a grand slam match.

Andy Murray
Andy Murray
"I don't know." – When asked should Odesnik being on tour.

Lleyton Hewitt
"Every Grand Slam loss is tough.  There's no easy ones."  – on how tough the loss was.

Sloane Stephens
"It is pain free, but I feel like I have like an old person's hand."  – on her wrist

Rafael Nadal
"No, the period off didn't create me more love for the game or more passion for the game.  I always played with that intensity, in my opinion" – when asked if the extended time off made him fall in love with tennis again.

Who do you think had the most interesting quote of all?

No comments:

Post a Comment